Terms and Conditions
All rates are quoted & charged in Euro and include VAT. These are inclusive of comprehensive insurance, subject to applicable excess, unlimited mileage and 24x7 road assistance service. Cars are supplied fully road licensed.
Standard Insurance (Included)
The whole car fleet is insured comprehensively against theft and all damages arising from fire, vandalism or any road accident. In all these cases, client is however liable to pay an excess charge of €700 (for groups A-F & I) and €900 (for groups G, H, J & K), unless 3rd party accepts fault and pays all damages, or damage cost is less than excess due.
Excess Waiver Option – Super CDW & TDW
For an extra daily charge, client may opt for relief of insurance excess liability in case of accident or theft. Super Collision Damage Waiver and Theft Damage Waiver lower excess liability to €100 (for groups A-F & I) and €275 (for groups G, H, J & K). This applies to all claims resulting from accidents, theft, attempted theft or vandalism.
Personal Accident Insurance (optional)
For an extra daily charge, the client can insure passengers of the rented car against all injuries and medical costs resulting from an accident involving the car. Cover is limited to a total amount according to the car’s insurance policy. Excess payable on this type of claim is €125.
Exceptions to CDW and/or TDW
- Client driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Client’s failure in the event of an accident, to take the following necessary actions:
- Ensuring vehicle remains at place of impact until the traffic warden or the police are on the scene and making every endeavor to obtain names and addresses of parties involved and of witnesses
- Not admitting liability of guilt and in no event discussing liability, dealing or settling with the other party or parties involved in the accident.
- Not abandoning vehicle without adequate provision for safety, guarding and securing same.
- Calling nearest office of lessor by telephone even in case of slight damage and by giving a detailed report including a diagram to lessor.
- Notifying the police immediately in all cases especially if another party’s guilt has to be ascertained or if people are injured.
- Filling in and signing the Statement of Facts On A Front-to-Rear Collision Form at the place of impact when a straightforward front to rear, bumper to bumper collision occurs.
- Using hired vehicle for illicit/illegal purposes (e.g. smuggling, theft, illegal transport of items or goods, etc.)
- Driving while overloaded, over the limit permitted according to the vehicle’s Circulation Permit
- Driving by unauthorized persons, i.e. under the age restrictions, not declared and written on the rental agreement.
- Using the vehicle for any kind of race or competition, including racing pace making
- Driving the vehicle anywhere other than on authorized roads
- Proven willful violation of traffic lights, stop signs, and speed limit, proven willful entry into counter flow traffic, proven willful entry into wrong end of one way street
- Any accident caused by gross negligence as determined by a Maltese court of justice
- Damages to any of the five wheels and tyres, windows, windscreens, soft tops on Jeeps and any damages made to mechanism of convertible roof
- Loss of car keys during rental period
- Interior upholstery damage including cigarette burns
Accidents / Roadside Assistance
In case of accident during the term of this rental the renter must:
- Not removing vehicle from place of impact before the traffic warden or the police are on the scene and making every endeavor to obtain names and addresses of parties involved and of witnesses
- Not admitting liability of guilt and in no event to discuss liability, deal or settle with the party or parties involved in the accident
- Not abandoning vehicle without adequate provision for safety guarding and securing same
- Calling nearest office of lessor by telephone even in case of slight damage and by giving a detailed report including a diagram to lessor
- Notifying the police immediately in all cases especially if another party’s guilt has to be ascertained or if people are injured
- To fill in and sign the Statement of Facts On A Front-to-Rear Collision Form at the place of impact when a straightforward front to rear, bumper to bumper collision occurs
Baby / Child Seat Rentals
Three types of baby seats are available for hire (Newborn seats, Child seats and booster seats). These must be ordered in advance when making a reservation and a daily charge per seat is applicable. Upon delivery of vehicle baby seats will be fitted by our staff members beforehand.
Delivery and Collection
Delivery and collection of vehicles is available to any address in Malta, at a nominal fee to cover staff and parking costs.
Named additional drivers can be added to the rental form, each at an extra daily charge to cover insurance. Each driver must present a valid driving license prior the car rental.
Fuel Policy & Charges
Cars are supplied with a full tank of fuel and should be returned with the same amount. Should the tank not be full on collection of vehicle, client is only charged for the missing ammount at the same rate as the fuel station. No additional penalties are incurred.
Baby / Child / Booster Seats
For an optional daily fee, we offer Baby Seats, Child Seats, or Booster Seats, which need to be ordered in advance at reservation stage. These seats will be pre-install prior delivery.
Driving age / Young drivers
Categories A-F & I-K are insured to cover drivers between 23 and 75, while categories G & H are insured to cover drivers between 25 and 75. Drivers aged 23 and 24 must have held a valid driving license for at least 3 years and will be charged an extra daily insurance charge.
Car Rental Service Provider
Malta-Car-Rental.com is an affiliate of JS Car Hire, and as such, all vehicles and car rental services offered on this website will be supplied by JS Car Hire.
Guarantee of Vehicle Category Availability / Upgrades
We guarantee the vehicle category and full specifications booked by the client and in cases where this is not possible, the client will receive a vehicle of a higher category/specification.
Should any of our representatives be more than 15 minutes late, please call our office on (356) 2149 7301. This might happen when exact client location is not found.
24x7 Roadside assistance
24x7 roadside assistance is available anywhere in Malta & Gozo, free of charge. A representative will be sent promptly on client’s reporting to our office a puncture / flat tyre / out of fuel situation.
All tyre & wheel repairs and fuel top-ups will be charged to client and fuel supply calls will also attract a delivery charge.
Lost, Stolen, Broken or Locked-in Car Keys
Any lost, stolen, or broken car keys during the rental will be replaced. All costs including a delivery fee will be charged to client, including cases where client locks key in car. In cases where car is dropped off at airport and client leaves Malta with the car key, client must send the key by post via express courier at client’s expense. A daily charge will apply if key is not received within 2 days.
Upon delivery, your credit card must be approved for pre-authorization for the applicable excess together with the cost of a full tank of fuel.
Cover for Parking, Over-speeding & Other Traffic Fines & Excess Amounts Due
Cash or credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Diners or AMEX) payments are accepted. To cover for any parking, over-speeding or other traffic fines, as well as any excess amounts due, clients must present us with a valid credit card prior delivery of vehicle even if they are paying for the rental in cash. Any fine or excess due will be automatically charged to the clients credit card account, advising the client by email. If no credit card is presented, a €350 cash deposit is required which will be then refunded with the amount applicable three weeks after end of rental.
Internet & Late Bookings
We guarantee prices cited on this website as long as bookings are made in advance via internet. Prices may be higher for last minute and locally booked rentals. We cannot guarantee car category availability for last minute bookings.
Incoming Flight Information
We will not be held responsible if the booked vehicle is not ready at airport should client not provide us with correct incoming flight information. This information is required for all rentals requiring vehicle delivery at the airport.
Premature termination of hire
Although under no obligation to do so, we may allow under special circumstances &/or valid reasons, a part refund of hire in cases of return of vehicle prior the rental termination date.
Late returns of hired vehicles
One hour grace from the agreed termination time of hire is allowed for the vehicle return, after which it reserves the right to charge up to a full day’s hire, and further days hire as the case may be. Additional collection fees & other charges may also be applicable if a vehicle is returned late without prior notice.
Booking Cancellation Policy
Any booking cancellations received at least 10 days prior hire commencement date for groups A to F , and at least 20 days prior commencement date for groups G to K will refunded in full any deposits paid on reservation. Cancellations received outside these time limits are subject to loss of deposit and/or penalty fees.